Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Walk to Remember...

A Walk to Remember...
Posted 17 hours ago
Steve and I decided at the last minute to go to the Walk to Remember for miscarraige, stillbirth, and infant loss today October 4th, 2008. We shed many tears, but it was so nice to know that we are not alone. I wish that no one was in this exclusive club.

It was beautiful to see so many families united to remember their little ones. One loss is hard enough and I pray that God blesses the families that held multiple balloons in memory of their children. The speakers spoke of "rainbow babies", those who are born after a loss and we were surrounded by many rainbow babies.

We walked down by the creek and as the names were called off we released balloons into the air. (Those of you who know my environmental side, it was hard to do this because its not good for the earth or wildlife, but the impact of the sight of all those balloons...) Because we didn't register in advanced, Faith's name was called near the end. Letting go of the balloons was very symbolic and healing. We sent a message to her up in heaven.

God sent us little pieces of our angel through out the day. The speaker at the walk spoke of how we imagine what our child would have looked like, what color eyes or hair she would have. I tell you that God showed us about 5 girls with blue eyes and blonde hair today. One of them even cuddle with me. I love that feeling when kids warm up to you so quickly. I knew my angel was with me and she was making that little girl feel safe. I was also wearing my necklace of Hope beads from Holden NICU. The little girl, Anna, who was probably about 2 1/2 kept saying butterfly, bumble bee, and house. Too Cute!

After the walk we enjoyed a picnic (with a rather large fly in our salad and 5 bees) and catching up with the Holidays. We enjoyed two delicious cupcakes from them for their girls' birthday yesterday. Maddie who celebrated her first birthday in Heaven and McKenzie who celebrated it here on Earth.

From there we went to work at the Red Flannel Festival in Cedar Springs. Steve's Star Wars group marched in the parade and raised money for the Make-A-Wish foundation. It was great to see everyone again. The little girl I mentioned above belonged to one of the families there.

This is long I know, but I wanted to share so much. I will also post some pictures of our day.

October 18th we will be in Ann Arbor for the Walk to Remember and hope to see nurses that cared for Faith, as well as some other CDH families of angels.

Take care,

Amy, Steve, and ^^Faith^^

1 comment:

Fer said...

Amy, that walk seems so sweet. I bet faith was watching you from Heaven.

I'm sorry about the fly and the bees :(